1. For a brief moment in time, you were a moment in someone’s life. A mere extra, passing through their thoughts in milliseconds, but milliseconds of their story nonetheless. For every person you’ve exchanged eye contact with, you have made a contribution to their existence, be it significant or not.
2. If you were to take a live sea sponge, blenderize it, then leave the sea sponge smoothie to sit over night. When you woke up in the morning, you’d find that the surviving sea sponge cells have found each other and started to reform a new sea sponge.
3. You were once the youngest person in the whole universe.
4. The word “suns” is written the same way upside down.
5. That there’s a spooky skeleton inside of you!
6. Every cow has their own best friend that they hang around every day.
7. There’s an island called Ōkunoshima in Japan that’s filled with tame bunnies.
8. Each year, hundreds of trees grow because squirrels forget where they buried their food.
9. If you took the whole solar system and shrunk it down so that the Sun was at your head and the orbit of Pluto was at your feet, Uranus would be just where you’d expect it to be.
10. During the space race, the Apollo astronauts were given sleeves in which to put their dicks and piss in a bag. The problem was that they kept slipping off, because none of them would take first two of the three size options: Small, Medium, Large.
Instead of redesigning the entire system, NASA came up with a simple solution. They relabeled them as Large, Gigantic, and Humongous. The problem was solved.
11. a group of bunnies is called a fluffle
12. The act of holding you arms above your head with clenched fists will make you feel more powerful. Its also been recorded that even blind people who haven’t seen the act before, will raise their hands in the air to express joy.
13. Look up the Dodge Daytona or Plymouth Super Bird. See the wing on the back? Back in the 60s, people speculated that Chrysler had NASA design the wing for maximum aerodynamic efficiency. Years later, Chrysler engineers admit that it was only made that way so that the trunk could open.
14. The man who does Winnie the Pooh’s voice spends some of his spare time ringing up children in the cancer wards of hospitals putting on Winnie’s voice and telling them how much he loves them and how brave they are.
15. Rats and mice are ticklish
16. Several million miles from us, on a silent, blisteringly cold red planet called Mars, a little robot named Curiosity is slowly driving around, collecting rock samples, testing the atmosphere, and taking pictures. He is doing exactly what he was designed for and it gives me hope every day of a brighter future.
17. If you have an unborn niece or nephew, and you don’t know their gender, they are your niefling.
18. The official space jam website hasn’t been changed since 1996
19. The fact that you are here is amazing. When you think about your entire ancestry, how many close calls and amazing coincidences could have completely erased half your family? The fact that everything lined up JUST RIGHT in order for you to be here is absolutely amazing.
20. Dolphins try to rescue humans who are drowning. It’s as if they realize we can’t hold breathing as long as they do and push you upwards and even try to reanimate bumping you in the stomach. Although , this is believed to be done out of instinct (since we are about the same size of a baby dolphin and they have to perform this when baby dolphins are born, pretty much the same way newborn babies need a slap to start crying and breate) but I choose to believe they do it because they are awesomely intelligent and nice.
21. The definition of the word “Sonder” – n. the realization that each random passerby is living a life as vivid and complex as your own—populated with their own ambitions, friends, routines, worries and inherited craziness—an epic story that continues invisibly around you like an anthill sprawling deep underground, with elaborate passageways to thousands of other lives that you’ll never know existed, in which you might appear only once, as an extra sipping coffee in the background, as a blur of traffic passing on the highway, as a lighted window at dusk.
22. Whales have lifelong friends that they visit regularly.
23. The act of smiling inadvertently improves your mood :)
24. The Roman Emperor Caligula tried to wage war on the god of the ocean, Neptune. He had his soldiers run up and stab the water.
25. On the day of his assassination, Martin Luther King Jr. had a pillow fight in his motel room.
26. Turtles can breathe out their butts, always makes me giggle.
27. Octopy have their testicles located on their head
28. Wayne Allwine (the voice of Mickey Mouse) and Russi Taylor (the voice of Minnie Mouse) were married in real life.
29. Ryan Seacrest tried to high five a blind person…
30. Blind people smile like everyone else, even though they’ve never seen anyone else smile. It’s just a natural human expression." 30 random, interesting facts that will cheer you up. (via catharinethegreat)
I’ve been thinking lately that half the reason I’m still here is because of friends and family. I wouldn’t want the attention.
The other half is because, if you died, what difference would it make in the world? You could write the deepest most meaningful note and it just wouldn’t stick.
Fuck that. I’m going to make a difference. I’m going to devote my life to helping others. I want to take on other people’s burdens and problems and help them find a constructive way out. I want to change lives in a way that prepares them for the rest of their life - not just fix temporary problems. I think doing this is the only thing that will ever make me happy. I hope I don’t lose my goal.